All details about your identification and financial behavior are contained in your credit report. The 3 basic heads are – Public record information, Credit information and Personal information. It is from this information that your credit rating is done. However, more importantly, free credit reports from all 3 bureaus help you to manage your finances better, and you also know that if you are being cheated, you can get redress.
A sample of the Experian credit report is as follows:
– Report Number – this is to contact Experian online
– Index – to navigate through your report
– Potentially negative items – includes creditor’s name and address, your account number, account status, overdue child support, bankruptcy, and unpaid tax
– Status – indicates the current status of the account, your credit limit, balance, and loan amount & payment pattern. If you think there is a discrepancy, you could contact them immediately to start the rectification.
– Accounts in good standing – list of accounts which have positive status
– Type – whether your account is a revolving or an installment account
– Request for credit history – either by you, or by those with whom you have transactions
– Personal information – where you give your name, addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, date of birth, current and previous employers
The TransUnion credit report would feature:
– Personal information
– Employment information
– Geo code – indicating your Geo status
– Report Summary – this would include all transactions, monthly payments, loan instalments, and payment, as well as the balance of accounts
– Scorecard – this would give the score and the reasons for that score
– Collections – this would show all dealings with creditors, and the balance of accounts
– Public records – which would include assets and liabilities
– Trade lines – would show credit limits, and payments of all transactions
– Inquiries – which include insurance, personal finance statements, records of credit card and travel/entertainment
The Equifax credit report would show:
– Personal information
– Public records and other information
– Collection items which may include a customer statement
All 3 credit reports are easily accessible. TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian all monitor the reports on a daily basis. They all offer 24/7 customer care support, and give up to $ 20,000 identity theft coverage insurance. They also offer an Interactive Score Simulator which can help you with best financial practices to improve your credit score. You can also acquire a consumer credit report which features all 3 agencies. This will guarantee that all the information that you have on your credit report is authentic.
Click Here to get a FREE credit report if you are in the USA and Click Here to get a FREE credit report if you are in the UK
The most trusted credit checking companies.
Related 3 Credit Reports Articles